National Seminar Series
The National Seminar Series is a selection of high-quality seminars delivered across Australia. Seminars cover topics addressing each of the competency standards: Design, Documentation, Project Delivery and Practice Management. If you would like to suggest a topic or if you have any feedback please contact the CPD Team.
Thriving Through Change
Architects operate in a complex, changing environment. This is not likely to diminish with technological disruption, client expectations, work practices and professional standards constantly evolving.
To be successful, it isn’t enough to survive such changes. Instead you need to be equipped to thrive through them. Humans are hardwired to resist change, however this can be overcome with deliberate learning and practice.
This session will provide you with insights, tools and techniques so you can thrive in today’s changing environment and ultimately maintain high levels of agility, effectiveness, productivity and employee morale.
Units of competency: Practice Management
Non Member $110
A+ Member $68
SONA Member $25
| || |
Non Member Livestream $58
Member Livestream $38
SONA Livestream $25
Please note Google Chrome or Firefox are the preferred browsers for purchasing tickets.
After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
- Recognise increased awareness of how the brain reacts to change
- Apply strategies to set yourself up for success in this changing environment
- Identify how unconscious bias impacts how people think and act, and what can done to mitigate
- Recognise actions to take to build greater agility and new habits that help to reinforce new ways of thinking and working
Michelle is a leadership and change expert, and the author of “Step Up: How to build your influence at work”. She works with executives and global organisations to help them accelerate progress in complex environments.
Michelle is passionate about helping people and teams identify the possibilities, recognise unseen opportunities and find the courage to make congruent choices. All essential elements to thrive in today’s complex world.
With more than twenty years’ senior executive experience she knows how to help people succeed in different personal and organisational contexts.
Michelle has undergraduate degrees in Communications and Commerce, and a Masters in International Trade. She is a Fellow of Finsia, and Associate Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management. She is certified by the International Federation of Compliance Associations. She is also a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, and sits on the Board of the Arts Law Council of Australia.
Can't make it to the venue? Tune in from home instead
*PLEASE NOTE: the on-demand video of the presentation is only available for the registrants of the event/livestream.
Missed a National Seminar Series event?
No need to worry because Continuum provides a convenient way to update your knowledge.
With over seventy courses to choose from, Continuum lets you carry out CPD at a time and place that suits you. Each course is developed by industry experts and can earn up to two formal CPD points.
Terms & conditions for CPD events
- The Australian Institute of Architects has the right to cancel or alter the dates, speakers or venue of an event.
- In the event of cancellation, on demand video of the presentation or a refund will be offered to the registrant.
- Applications for refunds require two (2) working days notice prior to the event.
- People attending in replace of the registered person must pay the ticket fee associated with their membership type.
- Please note that start and end times are an estimation. Some seminars may finish earlier or later than the proposed time.